Founded in 1993, InterMed is the largest physician-owned multispecialty medical practice in Maine, with more than 80,000 primary care patients. Our physicians lead a team-based approach to care, working with experienced medical assistants, registered nurses, and co-located Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant care managers.
Physician-owned and physician governed
We’re physician-owned and physician-run. We think it’s best that our physicians are the ones who ultimately make decisions that impact the way they practice medicine. This autonomy ultimately make our physicians and our patients happier. Because we have strong management and physician leadership, you can enter the organization and continue to learn, practice, and grow professionally. While you focus on medicine and your patients, the most important organization decision are made the Board, which is made up of doctors.
- You’ll work with great people in a family-friendly environment.
- We’re collaborative.
- As part of a cohesive multi-specialty group, you’ll have access to in-house cardiology, dermatology, audiology, obstetrics/gynecology, sports medicine, and urgent care.
- Our new patient demand is consistently high so you’ll be busy from day one.
At InterMed, we are committed to a comprehensive benefits program that helps our physicians stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain work life balance.
- Competitive guaranteed salary with productivity bonus; matching 401K; profit sharing
- Opportunity to become partner in the practice.
- Outpatient practice with opportunity for inpatient teaching at Maine Medical Center (in partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine).
- Relocation expense reimbursement.
Join us on the beautiful Maine coast
We believe that happy doctors lead to happy patients and encourage everyone to get out and enjoy our amazing state. Greater Portland, less than 2 hours from Boston, is known for its beauty, charm, cultural diversity, sandy beaches, and great schools. Nearby outdoor activities include hiking, skiing, kayaking, biking, paddle boarding, boating, camping, and more. By enriching your lives, you’ll be enriching your patients as well.