Online booking now available for bivalent COVID booster appointments
Dear InterMed Patient,
Our current supply of bivalent Pfizer COVID-19 booster vaccine allows us to open additional appointments for these updated booster shots at our vaccine clinic at 225 Gorham Road in South Portland.
Our online vaccine scheduling platform is the most convenient way to book an appointment and is available 24/7. Under Appointment reason, depending on whether you would also like a flu shot, please select either:
- Pfizer bivalent booster (updated version); OR
- Pfizer bivalent booster (updated version) & Flu
We also have a vaccine scheduling line at 207-523-3919. Its operating hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please be aware that our vaccine clinic is unable to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
We encourage you to receive your booster as soon as you are eligible. A COVID booster tool from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can help determine eligibility for booster doses.
The current CDC recommendations include:
- People 12 years and older are eligible for a single dose of the updated, bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine if at least two months have passed since:
- completing the primary series doses; OR
- receiving one or more doses of an original (monovalent) booster.
- Children between 5-11 years old are eligible for a single booster dose of the original (monovalent) Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine if at least five months have passed since completing the primary series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
- Children between 6 months and 4 years old are currently ineligible for boosters.
At this time, we are not offering appointments for the updated, bivalent Moderna booster.
Vaccines are also available at other locations in the community. Sites are listed on this state resource: COVID-19 Vaccine Sites in Maine.
Thank you again for your patience as our teams roll out these updated vaccines.
Please stay safe and well.
The InterMed Care Team