Phone delays and communicating with InterMed
InterMed’s Vision has always been to provide Care without compromise. To us this means exceeding our patients’ expectations with every interaction.
Recently, we have fallen short of that goal with the installation of a new phone system and an extraordinarily high call volume. These problems led to unacceptably long call waits and dropped calls. We sincerely apologize for this problem and for any inconvenience, and are working to get back to delivering the level of service that you deserve and expect from InterMed.
How to reach us
We are taking several steps to respond to the high call volume, including hiring additional staff to answer your calls. While we work on the solutions please consider using other options to communicate with us.
- If you are calling InterMed with questions about COVID-19 — and if you do not have symptoms — you can now leave a message in a dedicated voicemail box and we will return your call within two hours (or next morning if your call is received after 4:30 pm). This includes questions that you have about travel, quarantine, or test results. To access this voicemail box, select option 6 when you call us.
- To refill a prescription, leave a message on our dedicated prescription refill voicemail box by selecting option 2. Please allow 24 hours to process your prescription.
- In addition, our patient portal, MyInterMed, allows you to request an appointment, view lab results, request prescription refills, and send a message to your provider. Once you establish an account at MyInterMed, you can download the free app, Healow (or Healow Kids) to access your chart and to contact us from your mobile device.
When you visit our office
Please help us limit the spread of COVID-19 with the following requests.
- We ask that you do not come to our offices without an appointment, and that you do not arrive more than 15 minutes before a scheduled appointment.
- When you enter our buildings please have your mask on at all times, covering both mouth and nose before your enter.
- Please stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Your temperature will be checked when you enter.
If you do not have an appointment or if you have a fever you will be asked to return to your vehicle for further triage by one of our staff members.
We are honored that you have entrusted your healthcare to us. We assure you that we will continually work to deliver the level of service that you have come to expect from InterMed.
Thank you and stay healthy.
Dan Loiselle, MD
Chief Medical Officer