Safety first when in the water
Looks like we’re in for a nice stretch of beautiful weather!
If you’re heading into the water, here are a few tips safely enjoy your time in pool, ocean, lake, etc.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Know your limits – if you tire, take a break
- Swim where there is supervision by a lifeguard or an experienced swimmer, preferably someone with CPR training.
- Take extra care to watch over inexperienced swimmers.
- If swimming in the ocean and caught in a current, swim parallel to shore or float on your back until you can make it to shore.
- Be careful about water depth and other swimmers when jumping in the pool.
- Don’t drink and swim.
- Remember your sunscreen.