The mission of our Anticoagulation Management Services is to provide safe, effective management of anticoagulation therapy for our patients. To affect its mission, Anticoagulation Management Services is authorized to:
- Operate a clinic that provides continuity of care to patients who require anticoagulation therapy.
- Provide consultative services to healthcare associates on anticoagulation drug (Coumadin, Pradaxa, etc.) management and related services.
- Give comprehensive and ongoing education to patients and/or family members in order to maximize the benefits and minimize the risks of therapy as well as increase compliance.
- Determine the appropriate dose and duration of anticoagulation therapy for each patient based on the documented indication(s) and current ACCP guidelines.
- Stabilize and maintain therapeutic anticoagulation through skillful dosage adjustments as necessary to achieve a therapeutic level of anticoagulation as defined by the most current ACCP guidelines.
- Avoid drug-induced toxicity by careful, consistent assessment for possible complications for each patient at every visit or telephone encounter.
Anticoagulation Management Services is directed by a physician and coordinated by a mid-level provider and clinical assistant.