Acute Care Clinic
100 Foden Road, East Building, South Portland.
The Acute Care Clinic is by appointment only (contact your provider’s office to schedule).
InterMed’s Acute Care Clinic (ACC) provides care for patients with symptoms that might be related to cold, flu, COVID-19 or other contagious illnesses.
If you have any of the symptoms below, you’ll be seen at the Acute Care Clinic, regardless of the reason for your office visit. For example, if you have a sore throat and want to see a provider for a sprained ankle, we’ll schedule your appointment at the Acute Care Clinic.
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste/smell
- Congestion/runny nose
- Known close contact exposure
- Or if you are awaiting COVID test results due to symptoms or a known close exposure.
Enhanced safety for your protection
The Acute Care Clinic uses additional safety measures to keep patients and staff safe.
- The Acute Care Clinic is equipped with negative pressure rooms, which filter air and circulate it outside, preventing potentially harmful particles from reaching anyone in the building.
- Staff wear additional personal protective equipment, including suits, gloves, and face shields.
When you arrive
- Enter our parking lot, turn right, and follow the signs to the Acute Care Clinic.
- Park near the Acute Care Clinic entrance
- Stay in your vehicle
- Call (207) 523-3999 to check in
- Our staff will meet you at the entrance
Masks are required
Please note that all patients and visitors must cover their nose and mouth with a mask.