Palliative care is a medical specialty that strives to improve quality of life for patients with serious illness, such as COPD, heart failure, cancer, dementia, kidney or liver disease, or neurologic diseases.
Our Palliative Care team works with a patient’s primary care physician and specialists to provide an extra layer of support. This may include:
Conditions that we treat include:
- Addressing pain and/or other symptoms
- Supporting patients in determining what matters most to them in the face of serious illness
- Assisting with navigating complex medical decision making
- Assisting with planning for the future
- Coordinating care
- Supporting patients and families as they cope with serious illness
Palliative care is suitable for patients at any stage of their disease and may be offered concurrently with a patient’s current treatment. Our compassionate team is available for any InterMed patient with a serious illness, regardless of prognosis, with a focus on achieving the best possible quality of life.
Palliative Care Providers