Prompt Payment Discount
InterMed offers a discount of services for uninsured, self-pay patients.
A self-pay patient:
- Is responsible — either personally or through a guarantor — for the payment of all charges assessed for services provided to the patie
- Does not have health insurance coverage.
This discount does not apply to insurance deductibles and co-payments.
Any patient meeting the above definition of self pay will be eligible for a 40 percent discount if payment is made at the time of service. An estimate will be provided at the time of checkout.
- If an overpayment is made, a refund will be issued.
- If total charges exceed the estimate amount, an additional balance will be billed to the patient.
Services outside of the physician services, such as laboratory tests, where a cost cannot be determined at the time of service, will be eligible for a standard 30 percent discount. Balances must be paid within 30 days of the first statement to receive the 30 percent discount.
Exceptions – Outside organizations
The Prompt Pay Discount does not apply to charges billed by an organization outside of InterMed. Outside charges may include, but are not limited to:
- Outside lab processing
- Radiologist interpretation of imaging services
Payment for physician services must be paid in full at the time of service. These are eligible for a 40 percent discount.
Payment of at least 50 percent of the charges must be paid at the time of service, eligible for a 40 percent discount.
Payment Plan Options
If payment in full is not made at the time of service, an interest-free payment plan may be made by contacting the Business Office Customer Service at (207) 828-0361.
- Account balances may be split up to a maximum of four monthly payments.
- If the patient is unable to pay a monthly payment based off the payment term of six (6) months, the patient must contact the Business Office Customer Service at (207) 828-0361 to discuss alternate options.
Note: Only one discount policy per patient/family.
- Medicare Information and Resources
- Plans we accept
- MyMedicare.gov - The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare