Find Medicare information below:
- Welcome to Medicare Visits
- Annual Wellness Visit
- Traditional Physical Exams
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare and Medicaid
Medicare Advantage – New and Established Patients:
InterMed participates with the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Aetna — Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and PFFS
- Anthem — Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and PFFS
- Humana (effective January 1, 2022) – Medicaid Advantage PPO, POS, PFFS, and HMO Plans
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage — Medicare Advantage HMO, HMO-POS, PPO, and HMO SNP Plans
- WellCare (formerly Today’s Options)— Medicare Advantage PPO, and PFFS
- UnitedHealthcare — Medicare Advantage Benefit Plans
InterMed does not accept any other Medicare Advantage Plans
Traditional Medicare – Established Patients:
InterMed accepts Medicare for established patients who become newly eligible. Additional information is available through:
Welcome to Medicare Visits
- Medicare Part B, as well as Medicare Advantage health plans, encourages you to schedule a one-time, Welcome to Medicare preventive visit with your provider within the first 12 months of becoming Medicare-eligible.
- The visit includes a thorough review of your health, as well as education and counseling about preventive services you may need — screenings, vaccines, and referrals for other care.
- While not mandatory, this visit is useful for new Medicare beneficiaries to review your current healthcare status and to identify any services that may be necessary to keep you healthy.
- This visit requires specific paperwork be completed before the visit so that you and your provider can review the details together. A limited hands-on examination may be performed, but the real focus of this visit is for you and your provider to discuss a comprehensive review of your health.
For patients with Medicare Advantage health plans, both a traditional Physical Exam and the Welcome to Medicare Visit may be covered benefits. Check with your health plan for eligibility. If you wish to change your currently scheduled annual Physical Exam to a Welcome to Medicare Visit, or to combine visit types in a single appointment, please contact your doctor’s office as soon as possible. Please be aware that changing the appointment type could result in a date or time change of your upcoming appointment.
Annual Wellness Visit
- After your first year, Medicare and Medicare Advantage health plans cover an Annual Wellness Visit. Once you have been covered by Part B for 12 months, you can schedule this visit to develop or update a personalized plan to prevent disease and disability based on your health and risk factors.
- Your provider will ask you to fill out a questionnaire — called a Health Risk Assessment — as part of this visit. This will help you and your provider develop a personalized prevention plan to help you stay healthy. The Annual Wellness Visit may be performed by your physician, or a trained and qualified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- While Annual Wellness Visits are covered services, they differ from a traditional physical exam, and require specific paperwork, which we will provide.
For patients with Medicare Advantage health plans, both a traditional Physical Exam and the Annual Wellness Visit may be covered benefits. Check with your health plan for eligibility. If you wish to change your currently scheduled appointment from an annual Physical Exam to an Annual Wellness Visit, or to combine visit types in a single appointment, please contact your doctor’s office as soon as possible. Please be aware that changing the appointment type could result in a date or time change of your upcoming appointment.
Traditional Physical Exams
A traditional physical exam is not covered by traditional Medicare, and the cost is the responsibility of the patient. For patients with Medicare Advantage, coverage varies—some Medicare Advantage plans cover physical exams, and some cover a physical exam and a Welcome to Medicare or Annual Wellness visit at the same appointment. Patients with Medicare Advantage should check eligibility with their health plan before scheduling an appointment.
Primary Care First
Find out more about a new healthcare payment program InterMed is participating in which aims to improve your care experience with less administrative burdens.