InterMed has performed and guided patients through Immigration Medical Exams for more than 20 years. We specialize in completing form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
What to bring to your exam
- Past vaccine records
- A government-issued photo ID
- An interpreter, if needed
During your exam
- Total time spent in the office is about 1 hour.
- You’ll complete the first page of the I-693 form
- We will take your blood pressure and pulse, review your medical history, and perform an exam
- We will determine which vaccines and laboratory tests are needed. Typically these vaccines and tests will be done on the same day of your visit.
- Usually you will return in 2-3 days to have your tuberculosis (TB) test checked. If you live far away or can’t return, we can do a routine blood test during your exam instead.
- A full Immigration Medical Exam (not including vaccines or laboratory tests), performed by a civil surgeon, and paperwork processing typically costs $200.
- Most people do need updated vaccines or laboratory tests, but if you do, it will add to the cost of the exam.
- If you are a refugee or have already had your Immigration Medical Exam done in another country, you will likely only need the vaccine supplement form filled out. This costs $130, plus the cost of any vaccines needed.
- Payment is by cash or credit card.
Getting your forms
- You may pick up your completed form at our office or we will mail it to you.
- You may open the yellow envelope. Inside you will find a white envelope and a copy of the I-693 form. Do not open the white envelope. That should go to USCIS or your lawyer.
Our goal is to make this process as easy as possible for you. Please let us know if you have any special requests. If you have more than one person that needs an exam, let us know so we can schedule back-to-back appointments.
We are conveniently located at 84 Marginal Way, Portland, Maine, just off Interstate 295. Our office is on the 7th floor, and we offer free parking in our garage.
We see patients from throughout Maine, including Augusta, Bangor, Falmouth, Lewiston, Portland, Sanford, Scarborough, South Portland, Waterville, and Yarmouth. We also see a lot of patients from New Hampshire, including Concord, Manchester, Nashua, North Conway, and Portsmouth.
We can see you even if you live in a variety of states, including Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island or New York.
We’ll answer your medical questions during your exam, but feel free to call us if you have more questions or if you would like to make an appointment. Our goal is to get your exam done as quickly as possible for you and for the lowest cost. We typically schedule exams every other Tuesday afternoon, but arrangements can be made if needed sooner. If you are in a rush, let us know and we will try to fit you in the same day.