Founded in 1993, InterMed serves 75,000 primary care patients in the community through our practice sites in Portland, South Portland, and Yarmouth.
Specialty and ancillary services supports patient care with laboratory testing, radiology, diagnostic imaging, as well as therapeutic services, such as physical therapy.
Specialty physician services include Anti-Coagulation, Audiology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Ear Nose & Throat, OB/GYN, and Sports Medicine.
Our Marginal Way location boast three state-of-the-art surgical rooms, where we offer procedures for our Gynecologic, Otolaryngology (Ears, Nose, and Throat), Orthopedics, Podiatry, and Urology patients.
InterMed also provides on-site urgent care and primary care services at IDEXX, as well as physical therapy and occupational medicine at L.L.Bean and SAPPI.
Care without compromise. Every patient, all the time.
InterMed is a physician-owned medical group founded on the goals of patient centered primary care that is enhanced by integrated specialty services. Our staff is a team that focuses on putting the patient first to deliver high quality, high value care. We will form partnerships with other organizations to benefit our patients. We will continually innovate and improve how we deliver healthcare towards the goal of healthier patients and better, higher value outcomes.
- Providing the highest quality care to our patients with a level of service that exceeds their expectations.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and always treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect.
- Insisting on honesty and integrity from each other and our business partners.
- Making teamwork a core component of our relationships between physicians, staff, and patients.
- Embracing change to better serve our patients.
- Using business practices that feature individual accountability and group responsibility to ensure delivery of high value healthcare.
- Having fun as we carry out our mission to serve.