Extra Charges (Split Billing)
We encourage our patients to discuss their health issues freely with their provider and use them as a resource. During a preventive care visit we are willing to provide you with additional services to save you from having to make another appointment.
If specific issues are discussed and managed during the preventive care visit, you may incur a separate charge. Your insurance company determines which services are included in the preventive care visit (a routine annual exam).
Preventive care visits do not include the treatment of ongoing conditions. If you only want to receive preventive care, let your provider know at the beginning of your visit.
Preventive care services include:
- Physical exam, as appropriate based on age, gender, and health status
- Detailed questions about your current health status
- Determination of risk for health problems and diseases
- Recommendations for screening tests/vaccines, appropriate for age and gender
Preventive care services do NOT include:
- Evaluation and management of new or acute health problems, such as a cold, rash, headache
- Evaluation and management of ongoing conditions, for example, elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, behavioral health
- Tests used to treat an established medical condition
The portion of your visit related to the treatment of a diagnosis may result in a co-pay, coinsurance or be applied toward your deductible. Please contact your insurance carrier with any questions about what services are considered preventive care under the coverage and benefits of your policy.
Your health care is very important to us. We are committed to providing you with exceptional care.