Extra Charges (Split Billing)
During your preventive care visit we are happy to provide additional services which are generally not included in these routine visits. However, some issues discussed and managed during this visit may not be covered under your insurance’s preventive benefits, and you may incur a separate charge. Your insurance carrier determines which services are included in the preventive care visit (routine annual exam).
Preventive care services generally covered by insurance include:
- Physical exam, as appropriate for your age, gender, and health status
- Detailed questions about your current health status
- Determination of risk for health problems and diseases
- Recommendations for screening tests/vaccines that are appropriate for your age and gender
Services generally NOT considered part of preventive coverage:
- Evaluation and management of new or acute/worsening health problems (for example a cold, rash, backache, and uncontrolled conditions such as diabetes or cholesterol)
- Tests used to assist in diagnosis of a new condition or to monitor an existing, uncontrolled medical condition
If you prefer to receive only preventive care, let your provider know at the beginning of your visit.
Contact your insurance carrier for details about which services are considered preventive care under the coverage and benefits of your policy.
Your health is very important to us. We are committed to providing you with exceptional care.
- Online Bill Pay
- Prompt Payment Discount
- Financial Hardship Program
- Extra Charges (Split Billing)
- Collection Policy