How long will my prescription renewal request take?
We strive to process all routine, non-urgent prescription renewal requests within 48-72 business hours from receipt.
To submit a prescription renewal request:
- You may submit a request through MyInterMed, our patient portal.
- You may contact us at (207) 774-5816, opt 2 and leave a detailed message on our dedicated Prescription Refill Voicemail
- You may have your pharmacy fax us at (207) 523-8571
- If you are almost out of your medication or need medication soon for travel, please indicate that your request is urgent. Our team will process your request within 2-3 business hours of receipt.
- If you have previously submitted a request, please contact your pharmacy to check its status there before contacting our office.
Can I request a prescription renewal electronically?
Yes. You can request a medication renewal through MyInterMed, our patient portal.
You can also access referral information and status, send a message to our team and directly access a limited set of your records, including your immunizations – all through a secure website or through the Healow app for your mobile device.
Learn more about MyInterMed patient portal
Prescribing medications is a responsibility that InterMed takes very seriously. As part of that role, we encourage patients to dispose of expired or unwanted medication appropriately.
Contact your local law enforcement offices for information about disposal options in your area.
The U.S. Department of Justice also holds regular Drug Take Back days. Learn more.
Please note that InterMed cannot accept used sharps.
Learn more about disposing of household sharps in this brochure from the State of Maine.
Prescription Renewal Line: (207) 774-5816, Option 2
Prescription Department Fax: (207) 523-8571