InterMed’s Sports Medicine team treats patients with injuries or illness resulting from participation in sports and physical activities, as well as other musculoskeletal pains, such as osteoarthritis. We view exercise as medicine because it plays a role in treating conditions including hypertension, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, diabetes, and depression.
Our goal is to promote lifelong fitness and wellness, and encourage prevention of illness and injury. The team works in conjunction with primary care physicians, orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists, and coaches to correct musculoskeletal problems and improve physical abilities.
InterMed Sports Medicine also offers baseline ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing), a computerized test that helps measure the cognitive/mental changes that result when an athlete suffers a concussion. This test can be used after a concussion to help in determining an athlete’s return to play guidelines.
Conditions we treat
- Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains, joint injuries, dislocations and non-surgical fractures
- Overuse injuries, including stress fractures and tendonitis
- Helping athletes with acute illnesses (asthma, mono)
- Exercise prescriptions for people who want to become more active or return to an activity
- Pre-participation physical exams
- Nutrition and training recommendations for optimal performance
- Exercise promotion
- Nerve entrapments, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
Patients of all ages are welcome.
Sports Medicine Providers